Older individuals today often face a variety healthcare, long-term care, and benefits issues that past generations did not. BGD attorney have experience assisting these clients in addressing the issues as they arise and, ideally, planning for them in advance. Our experience includes:
- Health and personal care planning, including preparing healthcare powers of attorney and advance medical directives
- Advice about public benefits such as Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and other benefits
- Advice about capacity issues, including handling guardianship proceedings
- Advice about housing and real estate issues
- Estate planning, including preparing wills, financial powers of attorney, trusts, and other legal documents that account for the issues described above.
We also have experience representing individuals who may be serving as fiduciaries to another party, including personal representatives, attorneys-in-fact, trustees, and guardians.